Theres just so much to do for the big day and it can get a bit overwhelming even for the most organised of couples! Heres some things you mightnt have thought of that can make your day and the lead up to it, a calm and enjoyable experience !
- We all know the agony of “New Shoe Syndrome” ! For both bride and groom make sure to break in the broga nua before the big day (we don’t mean the night before !!) Put them on around the house to soften them out, even if you have to resort to a thick pair of bed socks to do the trick ! You need your dancin feet in good order so don’t leave it to chance !
- Whether you live in Ireland or are just planning your dream wedding here you must already know we are famous for our our crazy weather. The sun can be splitting the rocks one minute and the next we are treated to hailstones the size of golf balls ! So be prepared . Have a decent sized umbrella and a pair of wellies ladies in the car . You can get some fab wedding themed ones if you want but the old garden variety will do nicely and will save you looking like a drowned rat on your big day .
- We all want our guests to have a ball and be as comfortable as possible. A nice touch is to have a basket of flip flops on a table near the dance floor for those wanting to have a boogie without the skyscraper heels. We have prepared a FREE DOWNLOAD of a sign to put on the table here. You could also consider having a basket of shawls at the door to the balcony/smoking area for the ladies to wrap up before going out. Another FREE DOWNLOAD here. It’s the little touches your guests will talk about so take the time to look after them.
- Most Irish homes had a “Kids Table” when there was a get together , this table would be full of things to keep the kids amused and a few treats for them, at least when they have eaten their dinner they can have a bit of fun with their peers when parents eat in peace ! It’s a long day on children so its good to add the touches that make it as enjoyable as possible for them too !
- As an alternative to Confetti whih most venues seem to dread these days why not opt for something cute and quirky like bubbles? You can buy the mini wedding bubbles very cheap and get the photographer to take a snap of all the bubbles floating above the happy couple ? Make sure not to get drenched though, especially if you have kids involved and theres also the biodegradable confetti too which is safe fo the enviroment and animals .
- Make sure to organise an EMERGENCY KIT containing all the little things that help if something gets snagged or ripped or dirty on the day. Assign the responsibility to a trusted Bridesmaid to carry it on the day
- Research your suppliers well. Ireland is full of beautiful wedding suppliers with a wealth of product and experience to offer you. Be led by word of mouth, recommendations and contact with your possible suppliers, a lot of time the market flows towards the larger companies with the big advertising budgets and market exposure and you mightnt be aware of the smaller names so be open minded and talk to all before making up your mind and this way you are sure to find the perfect fit !
* Don’t jusy visit your possible venue on Wedding Fair days. Be your own Wedding secret shopper. Pop in for a coffee or a lunch. Take note of the quality of the food and the service as this can greatly influence your decision. You need to know the service your guests will receive in the course of their stay is consistant and up to scratch.